Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any advice???


I disappeared for a while, but now I'm back (and hopefully better than before, LOL). You can breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth just yet (had a few close calls but... )


Anyway, things have been a little chaotic around our place lately, JT has started working a M-F gig leaving me and Princess P to hold down the fort. This has taken some serious getting used to. I have a whole new found appreciation for SAHMs, they deserve a HUGE pat on the back. I guess I was spoiled, it was so nice having him home during the week with us. I never realized how hard it would be to do simple chores such as folding clothes, cleaning dishes, cooking etc. on my own with a baby in tow. Thank God for friends like Aunt Dee and Nana who lend a helping hand a few hours each week so I can get at least some of my "to do" list checked off. I feel bad for even complaining, I should be thankful (especially with the economy in the state that it's in) that he has a job and that I am blessed to have a job that only requires me to work weekends so that I can stay at home and watch my sweet baby girl. While I can't even begin to describe how great it is to be able to spend this much time with her and watch how much she grows and changes daily, it has also come with it's own set of issues :-( Because she spends SO much time with me, she is starting to develop a pretty crazy case of separation anxiety when I'm not around. She usually does OK during the day if I leave her with Daddy or Nana, but it never fails if I'm not home around 7ish, the "Paisenator" will come out to play, LOL. Also, lately I have been worried that she may not be having proper socialization. I mean we get out and about and run errands, but 9 times out of 10 it's just the two of us. She's never really been around other babies or children except her cousins and even then just briefly. Case and point, recently we had the opportunity to spend some time with my friend Laura and her baby Caden who is about one month older than P. It was beyond obvious by the way our two little ones interacted, that her lil man knew how to play and interact Princess P, not so much. Needless to say, this has weighed pretty heavy on me. As a mommy, we only want what's best for our children, and I feel like I may be depriving her of the essential interaction she needs to grow and thrive. So lately I've spent a lot of time researching local Mother's Day Out programs, playgroups, Little Gym classes and so on in hopes of finding something that will help. Have any of you mom's been through this or anything similar? Do you have any advice?




P.S. Having a little bit of a blog "identity crisis" just in case you couldn't tell (the name, the look, the pics...) I'm working on this but no promises haha! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I did little gym with may and she loved it, also kindermusic is good. Hope this helps :). Also spending time with her cousin gw ;)

    ReplyDelete